World AIDS Day
Yesterday was World AIDS Day and I would like to spotlight a company that fights the good fight every.single.day. 100% of the profits from the purchase of a VIVA Glam lipstick goes directly to programs for victims of HIV and AIDS.
The Mission: The M.A.C AIDS Fund’s mission is to serve people of all ages, all races and all sexes affected by HIV and AIDS. To partner with the bold, the visionary, and the brave who confront the epidemic in countries and communities where people are most neglected, off the radar and at highest risk. Responsive, agile and alert, MAF funds innovative programs that deal directly with the most marginalized, stigmatized and under-heard victims. MAF celebrates humanity, life creativity and individuality. Making a difference, one VIVA Glam lipstick at a time.
The purchase of one VIVA Glam lipstick provides:
- 23 female condoms or 233 male condoms,
- 18 personalized birthday cakes to be hand-delivered to a person living with HIV/AIDS on their birthday,
- 14 blood glucose monitoring strips,
- 8 individually tailored, nutritious home-cooked meals,
- 2 emergency boxes filled with non-perishable food,
- 1 personal nutrition counseling session with a registered dietitian,
- 1 week’s supply of groceries for 2 clients,
- 1 Maxi-Pharmadose Medication Organizer,
- 1 private therapeutic recreation session,
- 1 rapid oral HIV test, or
- 1 pair of school shoes for a child orphaned by AIDS